Thursday, March 03, 2005

Stupid!

Hey guys. So I'm in Jbad for the afternoon. I fled my classroom minutes after the bell rang as if the place was on fire. It's not that I don't want to hang out at school, its just I wanted to get into the city as fast as possible. I've had a long week and need a few hours eating decent food and sipping good coffee.

To start off with... I came back from Bishkek on Sunday. I had a great weekend with Elise and I got to see lots of friends as well. Three days wasn't enough time. I flew back with no in flight emergencies but started feeling ill when I got to my apartment. Turns out I had the flu and I spent three days lying in bed,watching movies and reading Newsweek. This wouldn't have been so bad, but this was the first week of great weather in Bazar Korgon and I hated to miss it. I taught Thursday and Friday and I've been walking around in a tee shirt and jeans. No more huge coats, long underwear, or wool socks! I have never really known what spring is until now.

Great weather notwithstanding, I managed to ruin my day yesterday by accidentally destroying my cell phone. I was doing my dishes (my normal way, on the kitchen floor using a bucket of water) and my phone was in my front pocket. I leaned over and the phone toppled out and landed in a bucket of soapy water. DOA. I had the same phone for 3 years in America and I can't make one last four months here. I bought a new phone today ($75) and managed to keep my old number, which is something to be happy about.
That's about it. Visiting to Osh this weekend and I'm looking forward to what I'm told in Kyrgyzstan's only brewery that serves dark beer. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: