Friday, October 13, 2006

New issues

Long story short, my director promised to pay backpay and 30 days severance. I went to collect and before that she asked for the utilities money (which I agreed to pay) and a refund for what she has paid into my pension fund. I was confused by this since she has not ever mentioned our school having a pension plan. Basically you pay 4.5% of your salary each month and your director matches this. At the end of your contract you go to the office, turn in your documents and they transfer the money (around $2000 by the end of an average contract) into your bank account back home.

So my director is asking for $325 that she has paid since August. I was really confused by this and I called the Pension office. They looked up my account and told me a.) there was zero dollars in the fund and that b.) I was only registered in August (I've been here since January). I told my director this and she called them. She said that they said that there is a computer problem and it will be fixed by Monday. And she insisted that the $325 in the account is rightfully hers. I told her the pension is for the workers and that it should go to me. She says that since I haven't been paying money into the account than the money belongs to her. I told her that I had never heard of the account before, how could I pay into it?!?!

Then she says that we were asked by our old supervisor months ago to join the plan but we declined (why would we decline free money?). I tell her that is completely untrue. Then she says that since the pension isn't mentioned in your contract she doesn't have to pay it. I tell her Korean law says everyone must be in the pension plan (I've called the office twice to confirm this). THEN she says well it was my responsibility to sign up for the plan and I was supposed to talk to my recruiter about it (my recruiter who has absolutely no affiliation with the Pension office).

She is clearly lying and the Pension office assured me that she has broken the law (again) by not registering me or paying into the account. I go Monday to the Pension office to figure this out and hopefully I can make her make the pension payments retroactively. Either way, I'm demanding my money and so are my coworkers. We are going to fucking destroy this school.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Unlimited Earnings Potential - http://1greatfuture.com

Our company is rapidly growing and offers you an extraordinary income helping others succeed. The primary requirement is to follow up on client inquiries and point them in the right direction. It is stress free, rewarding and straightforward work.

For complete details: http://1greatfuture.com


(Please feel free to delete this post if you don't want it on your blog. Thanks for the informative blog and opportunity to post.)