Saturday, July 02, 2005

Six Days and Counting (again)

I got back from my family road trip last night and damn is it good to be back. It wasn't a bad trip by any means, just a long one. And the majority of the time was spent driving. The West coast is fucking huge.

To make a long trip really short: Stayed in Santa Barbara, went to my favorite restaurant and I had drinks with some college friends. Next day we drove to Hearst's Castle. Very impressive. Drove to Oakland and saw an A's game. A's destroyed the Giants 16-0 (!) and we all decided that the Oakland coliseum is the ugliest place to see a game that we've ever been to. Drove to Carmel, drove around Pebble Beach golf course which was beautiful. Drove further up the coast. Found giant talking Paul Bunyan statue. Drove more. Got to Seattle. I hung out with Ailey and had a great time getting drunk and reminiscing over Kstan stories. Didn't make it to Canada since my brothers don't have passports. But that left an extra day in Seattle. After that we were back on the road heading to Portland. Then to Merced, a very hot and very small town in central California (I pity the kids that will be attending the new UC Merced; nothing to do in that town...) The next day we went to Yosemite, a first for me and my brothers. It was beautiful but we didn't stay long, all of us were ready to go home.
   We got in last night and now I am getting everything I need for my next trip. I'll be in Prague in a week and I have lots of little things to do before I leave. I'll keep you up to date. Talk to you later.

2 comments:

Matty H said...

Damn sean,

way to have hot friends (i'm guessing that's Ailey). And that first picture is freakin beautiful. That's way CA kicks so much ass. Call me before you leave if you get the chance (see my email) and if not, i'll see you in Prague.

-m

Matty H said...

Damn sean,

way to have hot friends (i'm guessing that's Ailey). And that first picture is freakin beautiful. That's way CA kicks so much ass. Call me before you leave if you get the chance (see my email) and if not, i'll see you in Prague.

-m