Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Awesome Blossoms

This week Sarah and I were officially trained to teach kids classes and will be starting those this weekend. I can't wait.

We had Tuesday and Wednesday off and spent it with our upstairs neighbors, a Canadian and an American themselves and had a great time. The highlight though was yesterday when we drove for 45 minutes to get to a park way up in the hills to go view the newly arrived cherry blossoms. Not only did the park not have flowering cherry blossom trees, but it started hailing the moment we got out of the car. Not to be defeated, we drove to another park and found it sunny and full of blossoms. The trees were beautiful and held my attention, for, oh 4 minutes or so until we found the playground complete with a zip line. After finishing there we started throwing around a football, much to the amusement of the Japanese park-goers.

All in all a good weekend. I'm back to work today (but not till 5 pm) but I can pick up my Gaijin of foreigner card from the city office which hopefully will lead me down the road to cell phone ownership. I have my fingers crossed.

Check out new pictures on the right of my apartment, the Thorpedo, and the awesome blossoms.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Sean, I thought we were going to be friends again now that you were in Japan? So . . . um . . . what's the deal?