Saturday, August 12, 2006

Sinpyeong

It's been 7 months and I haven't put a picture of home up yet. Sarah took these pictures a few weeks ago during a rooftop BBQ with my coworkers.

Note the smoke stacks and poluted river in the background.

In Prague lots of people lived in panalaks, big, goverment subsidized aparment buildings that were made completely of concrete and each was indistiguishable from one another. Here is the Korean version.

These are warehouses, of which there are many in my neighborhood. They are surrounded by small shacks and shanties thus giving my neighborhood an air of industrial revolution era quaintness.

While you would be hardpressed to call Sinpyeong beautiful (fucking ugly more easily springs to mind) it's my home and it's kinda grown on me. Once you look past the litter and get over the pervasive fishy smell it's really not that bad...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Smells fishy all the time and litter huh... sounds like Ketchikan.