Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Stuff

Hey everyone. It's been awhile so I thought I'd get a post down.

  • It's been raining off and on for a week now, despite July 9th being the official end of the rainy season (and beginning of the Sweat-your-balls-off season). Everyone is saying that we're experiencing a typhoon, but if this is a typhoon, then typhoons are lame. It's just really rainy and windy. It did manage to cancel a half day of classes on Monday so I guess I should be more appreciative.
  • Took the bullet train an hour north last weekend to the Costco in Daegu. There is only one store in the whole country and Daegu's got it (though I have no idea why, Daegu's small). Anyway, Sarah and I both went and bought as much food as we could carry back. Highlights included: Spinach ravioli, tomato soup, guacamole and two large boxes of honey nut cheerios. We're planning on going back in a month.
  • My school is lame and everyone is starting to get really stressed. With everyone working overtime, open classes, birthday party preparation, unrealistic kindergarten expectations and our kinder director leaving in a month it's normal to be stressed. We start a new Summer intensive in August so we'll be working different and hopefully shorter hours and the new teacher (another Canadian) gets here in a few days.
  • I've discovered www.torrentspy.com. It's great and I've been downloading like it's my job. The shitty weather is a perfect excuse for me to laze around my apartment watching entire seasons of 24, which kicks ass, by the way.
  • I moved. There's been an apartment open down the hall since June when Joey and Suzy left. I finally took it and it's great. More room, a bigger bed and an air conditioner that doesn't drip all over my floor. They did, however, put my bathroom door on backwards and now water leaks under the jamb and onto my kitchen floor. And the light in the kitchen doesn't work. I've complained to the director and they should be fixed by the time I'm returning home.
  • Sarah got a job teaching adults in a cool-sounding business scholarship program. She starts in August and will be moving into a new apartment in a closer part of the city.
  • Mud festival, rafting, and Seoul concert are all still a go. We're trying to figure out how much we can fit into our vacation but it looks like we will be hitting the DMZ and some coastal islands as well. We bought an awesome tent that is self assembling (?) and all you have to do is remove it from the case and throw it and it pops up, ready to go. We had to try it in the mall and it worked, though we spent 10 minutes trying to fold it back up into the case.

That's the latest. Keep checking in. I'll have mud festival pictures up after the weekend...

No comments: