Thursday, September 29, 2005

Plzen Fest

Tomorrow begins the beer fest in Plzen. I'm taking a hour and a half train to the small Czech village and after an educational tour of the Plzen brewery, I plan on getting shitfaced. We haven't figured out where we're going to sleep (maybe in a park, maybe in the train station) but we know there will be beer and music and if the rumors are true, a magician. I'll post pictures.

Beyond looking forward to Plzen Fest, I've been working. Not the 25 hours that my agency promised they would give me, it's a little closer to 18 which leaves me with way too much time on my hands. I've been wandering around a lot and I begin Czech lessons next week which should be good. And the drinking. Don't forget the drinking. I'll survive.

Not really digging teaching business English to adults either. I'd rather be in a real classroom goofing around in front of a bunch of kids but hardly any agencies specialize in working with children. I found one that has offered me a few hours working with high school students which will be a nice break. and I think I'll look into switching to kids permanantly next quarter.

That's the plan at least. I hope to be here at least till next July (we still doing the World Cup guys? Let's get on that...) and after a cool Summer spent somewhere cool (that's right) I plan on heading back to Asia. Korea is on my list. From everything I've read there is tons of money to be made in Korea which would be very useful in getting set up in Japan. Or Thailand. Or Vietnam. We'll see.

No comments: